Came across a good article about feeling pressured to do something. The Harvard Business Review article is focused on making ethical decisions in the workplace, however, it outlines an easy and practical step-by-step process for making a decision should there be pressure to do something. From the perspective of free-flight, there are definitely similarities, specifically in the decision “to launch or not to launch”. Here’s the decision process:
- Make sure you really understand the situation;
- If you can, check with others;
- Do a simple decision tree;
- Think creatively and practically;
- Consider having a fairly candid conversation with your boss.
Draw you own similarities to flying. For example, #5, for boss, I substitute myself, which reminds me to have an internal convo with myself on what my instinct, gut, and intuition, is telling me, after considering #1 through #4. Again, draw your own similarities and you might find a little nugget in there worth keeping.
hbr.org/2016/11/when-you-feel-p … NjY3OTU4S0